woensdag 4 februari 2009

Leyendecker











These incredible J.C. Leyendecker sketches show how he studies every part of his illustration. He even makes a study of the water on the floor. Although each individual sketch seems to be a perfect painting on its own, Leyendecker was obvously searching for the best way to depict his idea. A valuable lesson I learn from these sketches is to ask myself : "How can I do better?" I don't want to sit back and relax, because are always ways to improve. Check different possibilities to find the best result. Different color keys, different angles, different shapes etcetera. When you ask yourself honestly : "How can I do better", you eventually will do better.

3 opmerkingen:

frank gressie zei

he wouter, leuk idee zo'n blog vol inspiraties! Ik blijf 'm volgen! Die leyendeckers zwerven ook in mijn inspiratie mappen ergens op mn schijf haha!
Kweet niet of je deze site kent, maar volgens mij had ik ze daarvandaan: illustrationart.blogspot.com

frank

Steve zei

So very true, how can I do better, I ask myself that question all the time but still wait for the break through!

Dominic Philibert zei

Wow!!!